Friends Visiting Kansas City? Here’s A Perfect Three-Day Weekend
Rich in culture, cuisine, and a wealth of iconic destinations, a trip to Kansas City will expand your horizons and enrich your weekend! With highlights like contemporary and historical art exhibits, a lively music scene, and photo-worthy landmarks dotting the metro area, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city!
So, when is the best time to visit? Any time of year is a great time to explore KC, but the fall season is our destination management company’s most popular time of year! While enjoying the cooler temperatures and colorful seasonal changes, you can look forward to a captivating variety of museums and events like walkable art fairs, live stage performances, and world-famous flavors at the World Series of Barbeque!
Once you arrive, here are some of our favorite ideas to guide your next weekend trip!
Top Art Spots in the City
Every traveler in search of culture, creativity, and stunning displays will appreciate the depth and mystery of the exhibits here. Be sure to visit:
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art for a curated selection of modern works that reflect the ever-changing art scene of today. If you’re after the imaginative and colorful, expect to find the unexpected in this evolving gallery of contemporary wonders.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art for an enticing blend of art from nearly every continent and culture. With ~34,500 pieces in its awe-inspiring collection, a trip to this museum is like a trip through art history, showcasing many shades of style ranging from Van Gogh to ancient Chinese ceramics.
- American Jazz Museum is the perfect destination for jazz lovers. Enjoy energetic works and a walk down memory lane with iconic jazz musicians who have shaped the scene.
- The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures is a must-stop spot for kids and adults alike! Inside this colorful place of wonders, you’ll find everything from intricate dollhouse designs to ultra-realistic miniature creations that showcase the delicate side of artistry.
These are only a few of our favorite picks; explore Visit KC to learn more about other amazing art spots!
Famous Outdoor Events to Experience
If an immersive weekend that features walkable sightseeing, a variety of neighborhoods, and lots of fun is your style, mark your fall calendar for any of these lively events! Start by exploring First Fridays at the Crossroads and gain the insider’s perspective on the local art scene while chowing down on tasty foods from a variety of food trucks!
For delicious delights, unique art, local shopping, and live music starting in September, check out:
- Kansas City Irish Fest (Sept. 1- 3)
- Kansas City Renaissance Festival (Sept. 2- Oct. 15)
- Art Westport (Sept. 8- 10)
- Fiesta Hispana (Sept. 15-17)
- Plaza Art Fair (Sept. 22- 24)
- American Royal World Series of Barbecue (Sept. 27- Oct. 1)
Coming as part of a group? If so, reach out to Agenda: USA to ensure your group can enjoy luxury transportation, insider’s travel tips, and other ways to elevate your weekend. Contact our event planning experts at 913.268.4466 or via our website, and experience the best of Kansas City!