Eight Reasons Kansas City is the Perfect Choice for Your Next Event
Don’t consider KC to be “flyover country”
Are you a meeting or event planner in the process of planning your company’s next big event? If you’re trying to determine where it should be held, consider Kansas City … the heart of the Midwest. Although some people who have never visited Kansas or Missouri consider it “flyover country,” visitors who have experienced the vibrancy of this community – along with its affordability – think of Kansas City as an undiscovered gem.
Here are eight reasons to consider Kansas City for your next corporate event:
1. It’s easy to get here! Kansas City is literally in the center of the United States and a convenient destination for much of the country. It is an easy drive from several other Midwest cities, and there are plenty of airline connections from airports across the country. Southwest Airlines has a hub in KC, and construction on the new, state-of-the-art airport is moving along on-time and on-budget with plans to open in 2023.
2. It’s affordable. Unlike the high costs incurred to produce events in major cities like New York, Los Angeles or San Francisco, costs to produce an event in Kansas City will run you considerably less. Yet this is not just a “cow town” and the options for impressive venues, fantastic food and unique entertainment abound. More on that in a moment…
3. Friendly, welcoming people. You’ve surely heard the term “friendly Midwestern attitude.” It’s true! People across the Kansas City community are friendly, down-to-earth and genuinely welcoming to out-of-towners. We relish the opportunity to show off Kansas City – including both sides of the state line – and all it has to offer. So be prepared to experience “Midwestern Nice” once you arrive.
4. Exciting sports teams. If you love baseball, you know the Royals won the World Series in 2015. If you love football, you know the Chiefs won the Super Bowl in 2019. And if you love soccer, you know how talented our Sporting Kansas City soccer team is. Plus, have you heard that our women’s soccer team, Kansas City Current, just announced plans to build a new soccer stadium and training facility just for them? Kansas City Current will be the only women’s soccer team in the country with its own stadium! And when you come to KC, don’t overlook other important sports experiences including The College Basketball Experience – a stop not to be missed if you love college hoops – the Negro Leagues Museum and the Kansas City Monarchs minor league baseball team.
5. An amazing food scene. If you’re a “foodie” – or if you just love a good meal – you will be amazed at the food options Kansas City restaurants offer. Everyone knows KC for barbecue, and you’ve surely seen KC strip steaks on the menu in fine restaurants across the U.S. But we offer so much more! In fact, in recent years Kansas City restaurants and chefs have appeared on several national “Best Of…” lists that identify “must visit” restaurants and laud praises on the city’s award-winning chefs.
6. An impressive cultural scene. Visitors to Kansas City marvel at the cultural scene here. The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is one of the finest performance venues in the world, designed by the renowned architect Moshe Safdie who gained world-wide fame for designing the Sydney Opera House. You can catch outstanding performances at the Kauffman Center by the Kansas City Symphony, the Kansas City Ballet and a wide variety of world-renowned performing artists on tour. And there are other exciting performance venues including Starlight Theater, Kansas City Repertory Theater, Quality Hill Playhouse and more.
7. A world-class Art scene. Art lovers across the country recognize the beautiful Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art as one of the world’s truly wonderful art museums with an impressive international collection. But the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art and the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art are also museums not to be missed. As for art galleries, the Crossroads Art District needs to be on your agenda. If your KC visit coincides with the monthly First Fridays event – where galleries and restaurants throughout the Crossroads stay open late and welcome visitors – consider yourself lucky!
8. It’s easy to get around. Like all major metro areas, KC has ride share options and an excellent public transit system that includes the Kansas City Streetcar, which you can ride for free from Union Station to the City Market. Once the streetcar’s extension is complete, riders can hop on at City Market and ride it all the way to the University of Missouri–Kansas City. For another easy way to get around, consider Agenda: USA. Our 30-year-old destination management company offers a variety of transportation options including private car service for individuals as well as Sprinter vans, mini-coaches and motorcoaches for group transportation needs. Plus, Agenda: USA offers popular Holiday Lights Tours so visitors (or locals!) can enjoy a relaxing way to see the famous Plaza Lights as well as other spectacular light displays across the metro area.
These are just eight great reasons to consider Kansas City for your next corporate event, but we could go on and on. We love our city and would be thrilled to show it off to you and your event participants. For information about planning your next event in Kansas City, call Agenda: USA at 913.268.4466.
Agenda: USA is proud to partner with VisitKC, Kansas City’s Convention and Visitors Bureau.